Welcome to Worldwide Adventurer

This Blog is dedicated to anyone who longs to travel the world over and share their experiences with all those who want to do the same. I will share with you my adventures, both good and not-so-good, from boring to exhilirating, and what I would like to have on my Bucket List. Won't you do the same?

Monday, November 29, 2010

On to St. Kitts

St. Kitts was another of the islands that the Poly took us to. A beautiful island indeed . But what I mostly remember was Brimstone Hill, the British built fortress know as the Gibraltar of the West Indies. It is the largest fort in the eastern Caribbean and is also a Unesco World Heritage site. It was impressive and had an outstanding view. You can see why the British chose it for its location.

I also remember driving through small towns in a small van with fellow passengers on our way to the fort and back. In one town we passed through the villagers were actually slaughtering a steer or cow that was hung up from a tree. After seeing that , being a vegetarian seems a lot more acceptable...

No comments:

Post a Comment